Edmond Willson: A bright fellow from the Land of Oaks. He is considered the smartest of the Willson family only due to his relentless determination. Due to his desire to achieve the best for himself in life, he seemingly has no time for relaxation. Edmond doesn’t label himself as anything other than the name he was given: He doesn’t affiliate himself with any political party, religion, or any group/organization. Edmond always does his best to look confident and commanding, and usually dresses conservatively, the only exception being on weekends.
When Edmond was 12 years old, he noticed a strange aura emitting from people. This aura would change whether or not they were telling the truth. At age 13 Edmond learned how to recognize this and started calling people out for their lies. This was not a good idea, as most people he knew started to avoid him. Edmond could only sense when people were lying, but could not tell WHY they were lying. In time Edmond learned how to control his powers and got a feel for WHY people were lying. With this ability, Edmond had unlimited potential, and in High School he decided to use his powers to defend individual rights from those higher up.
Sometimes he thinks too much about his future and this can annoy the people around him, as he can’t find time to enjoy the life around him. Despite all of this, he is easy to make friends with, but can come off as unsympathetic and robotic. Edmond loves physical exercise such as running or biking. He joined Track to relieve himself of the stress produced during the day, and he believes running energizes the mind. If there’s one thing Edmond hates, it’s slackers and troublemakers. “Knucklehead” is a word that he will use often to describe those types of people, and just being around one aggravates him to no end. Edmond tends to not be affiliated with anyone who constantly talks vulgarly. However, sometimes these people are the most popular kids in the school and causes Edmond to not be around some of his friends while the offending person is around.
Similarly, Edmond dislikes people who have superficial charm, and have no skills besides their kind demeanor. Edmond thinks of these people as whiny and fake. Edmond is not one to show much emotion, and when he does, he tries to moderate the amount he displays. People close to Edmond will say that he judges harshly, but Edmond puts those same standards he expects of others on himself. When trying to help someone overcome a mental barrier, Edmond has no problem in saying what he needs to in order for the person to come to a realization. Edmond doesn’t care about hurting others’ feelings when he is pursuing the truth.
Due to traumatic childhood experiences in Middle school, Edmond developed a curious insight. Edmond would occasionally go into a state of mind where he sees a version of himself who gave him guidance. Edmond tried to find the exact reasoning of people and will struggle to learn the meaning of human behavior. This made Edmond question why he leads the life he lives. In addition, Edmond became very uncomfortable with getting involved in relationships, and even though his conscious mind had strong emotions for particular people, his unconscious mind blocked the emotions and made Edmond seem cold on the exterior. Only after Edmond finally came to his realization do his visions cease and he comes to terms with all the mistakes he made throughout his life. This gives Edmond the power to not have conditions for being happy, in other words to be “unconditionally happy”. From this, Edmond becomes a better person.
- Edmond has a liking for Japanese candy.
- Edmond is sensitive to Gluten; it makes him unable to concentrate and think. Once he resolves his inner conflicts, gluten does not affect him.
- He occasionally has dreams of getting a cream pie thrown at him. After he resolves his inner conflicts, Edmond dreams of a dark comet approaching the planet. Although he doesn’t realize it, Edmond is actually seeing far into the future.
- He likes collecting old video games and will go garage sale hunting on the weekends.
- Edmond likes listening to electronica music when he studies.
- Edmond’s glasses are constructed out of specially treated silver, which allows him to sense lies more clearly and accurately tell why people are lying.
- Edmond knows Mr. Pallpoint and Dr. Howse from his father’s connections.
- Edmond’s best friends are Alexandra Audacity, Ryan Robinson, Andrew Trungston, and Naomi Allium.
- When something doesn’t seem right he says: “Hold on, something’s not Kosher in Denmark!”
- Edmond and Clayton used to be great friends in Elementary school. Sometime during the switch to Middle School, Clayton made a new group of friends and saw Edmond inferior to him. Clayton would harass Edmond every day of school since then.
Quote: “It has never been about fighting the power. It is about breaking the negation that is present in this school. I will stop at nothing until my class and future classes can enjoy an administration free of corruption.” –Season 3
Hair = Black
Eyes = Dark Blue
Skin = Tan
(I envision the voice actor for Edmond sounding similar to Yu Narukami from Persona 4: The Animation.)
Ryan Robinson: Ryan was born with a disorder known as Aspergers. He was very shy and unsociable for the first years of his life, however with many weeks of training and classes on public speaking Ryan has developed his personality and now functions as a normal human being. He is a perfect example of perseverance, and determination as he overcame his disorder proving many people wrong. Time and time again, Ryan has entered as the underdog, only to triumph over those at the top. His debate skills are legendary and he refers to himself as a conservative over a republican. Ryan is very outgoing, but has stiff views on many subjects of discussion. When Ryan wants something, he puts his whole heart into his efforts to ensure he ends up with what he wants. He loves to become involved in the community and due to all his work he is friends with all the city’s politicians. Almost everyone who has ever known Ryan has nice things to say about him, and for good reason. Due in part because his father is a politician and weatherman, Ryan dreams to go into the field of communications when he grows up.
Ryan loves debate and politics. Every night at 9pm he watches CRAM5 News and listens to the pundits talk politics. Due to all of the programming Ryan watched as a little kid, Ryan became well versed in debating psychology and could “prove” any point or view he had by unnerving his opponents.
Ryan used to be bullied by Bentley Corpulent in Middle School. The bullying would go unnoticed by teachers and faculty for all three years. At first, Ryan tried to bring the bullying to the attention of the school’s administration, but Bentley outfoxed all of them. Every week, Bentley’s bullying tactics would get more and more elaborate. Ryan was miserable throughout most of Middle School, until he developed Stockholm Syndrome.
- Ryan is of Armenian decent.
- Although having a case of Stockholm Syndrome towards Bentley, Ryan acts and functions like a regular human being.
- He has been known to have some logical fallacies.
- He loves collecting coupons.
- Ryan’s thought process is: “Why work hard, when you can work smart and accomplish ten times as much?”
- Ryan is a year younger than Edmond and his group.
- Ryan’s father has the same name and looks very similar to him. However, Ryan is never referred to as “junior” or “Ryan Robinson the 2nd.”
- Although not in any sports, Ryan does have a black belt from years of Karate classes.
- Ryan can be very humorous, although for the most part he is very conservative.
Hair = Dark Brown
Eyes = Black
Skin = Pale-ish
(I envision the voice actor for Ryan sounding similar to Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender.)
Quote: “There may be a million people smarter, stronger, faster than me, but I work harder than all of them. Years from now it won’t matter how popular I was in High School because by then I’ll be 100 times more successful then all those people.”
Andrew Trungston: Andrew is a descendant from the off coast city of Freedom City, also known as the City of Negated Freedoms. His parents snuck their only son off the continent for him to take refuge in Calloway City, where he had some relatives. Andrew had not even completed Middle School when he left Freedom City. Using his superior intellect, and the fact that he was from a very prestigious middle school, Andrew easily placed in the top scores for Class B in Calloway High. Andrew can be described as a calm cool person. He doesn’t show his emotions very much and prefers to keep his personal life a secret. Andrew has the ability to know a person’s personality just by looking at their faces. He chooses his friends this way, but he can also use his power to understand how to act in front of others. His main goal is to maintain a peaceful coexistence with those he meets and someday become a detective.
Andrew is a libertarian and feels strongly about maintaining individual freedoms. He admires Edmond for his work in the student court, and this motivates Andrew to help out in any way possible. In his free time, Andrew enjoys running and getting faster. He is on the Track team, and is especially good at the 800m.
Andrew has heard of the “friend zone” and simply does not care to hear of the emotional pains others around him are experiencing. Andrew knows how peoples’ minds function, and usually only sees the grim side of human nature. A common response someone would get if they asked Andrew how to get out of the friend zone would be: “Stop being an ignorant fool and do something interesting with your life!”
Andrew is gay. Back in Freedom City when he tried to come out of the closet to his parents, they were not supportive and demanded Andrew get such ideas out of his head. Andrew’s parents stopped giving him the love and care he needed, and started treating Andrew like a foreigner. Andrew decided that the only way to win back his parents’ love was to get a girlfriend. He pretended to be interested in Ashley Rivers, and soon after Andrew announced the news to his parents about his girlfriend, Mr. and Mrs. Trungston started to treat Andrew normally again.
When Andrew fled Freedom City, he had some guilt about misleading and abandoning Ashley Rivers. Andrew occasionally has nightmares about his hometown of Freedom City. Andrew would love nothing more than to return to Freedom City and see that the totalitarian regime collapsed.
- Andrew is of Japanese, Austrian, Prussian, and Taiwanese decent.
- Andrew has a very messed up sense of humor while running distance.
- Andrew tried dying his hair a different color, but his hair turned back to its original color somehow.
- The relatives that he stays with have the last name “Trungston.” From this we can infer that they are from his dad’s side of the family.
- Andrew doesn’t like being called “Andy.” The only people who have ever called him “Andy” were Ashley Rivers and Andrew’s parents. The reason is because the name brings back too many memories of the past he left.
- Clayton Sharp is Andrew’s cousin, although Andrew apparently doesn’t know this.
- Andrew arrived in Calloway City from Freedom City midway through his 8th grade school year. When applying to Calloway High the following year, he put that he had been home schooled, due to the complications of obtaining an actual transcript from Freedom City Middle School.
- Andrew used to be the secret leader of a kid rebellion group in Freedom City. Andrew’s group name was The Beatniks, and their purpose was to destroy every security camera on the streets. The Beatniks would constantly get into scuffles with The Clean Teens, who hated The Beatnik’s misalignment and were determined to maintain normalcy. Eventually Andrew’s identity was discovered, and he had to leave the city.
- In his first year of High School, Andrew was very silent and deadpan, but as Andrew slowly got used to Calloway City, he became livelier and even more vocal than Ryan Robinson.
Hair = Light Brown with a tiny hint of yellow
Eyes = Dark Brown
Skin = Tan
(I envision the voice actor for Andrew sounding similar to Sunda from Fractale.)
Quote: “Let me tell you something. The first half of my life, I had been shown a very limited view of the world. I was told that’s all there was. When I saw through the lies, I rebelled and led my own life. I still have no idea how the world should operate, but now I have no regrets about the path I’ve taken.” –Season 3
Evan Wazuma: Evan spent most of his time as a child drawing and refining his artistic abilities. He wanted to go to a great art school and then become an artist whose art gets featured in galleries. Thinking Calloway City High School had a good art program, he applied there and got accepted in. Evan can be lazy sometimes and procrastinate projects until he is forced to complete them. Although Evan is in C Class, he spends copious amounts of time doing homework; this is due to Evan’s strange method of solving problems. On his math homework, he chooses an answer at random and solves backwards until he arrives at the information given in the question. It becomes a process of guess and check until he finally guesses correct.
- Evan loves saying “wazoo” in a calm voice, whenever he is excited or has a moment of inspiration.
- Evan believes that Anarchy is the best model for society.
- On the placement test, Evan guessed on all the problems on the Math section.
- Evan constantly has dreams that he is a character in an anime.
- One of his favorite pastimes is drawing what his future girlfriend will look like.
- Evan is a perfectionist in some areas of his life. He stresses over his artwork, but shows a complete lack of interest in his future occupation.
Hair = Brown
Eyes = Grey
Skin = Pale-ish with a bit of yellow
(I envision the voice actor for Evan sounding similar to Death The Kid from Soul Eater.)
Mike Moro: Mike was known as a ner’-do-well because of his lack of effort in everything. Everything he ever wanted was given to him and that had made him spoiled and unwilling to work for anything. His father was the supervisor of the admissions board at Calloway High, and so he was able to get in with some behind the scenes tweaking. Even though he eventually got moved down to C Class, Mike could care less. Since his encounter with Edmond Willson, a new sense of life has emerged from within Mike and he has now become more interested in his studies. Mike likes seeing others acknowledge the fact that he worked hard and strives for other people viewing him as a functioning member of society.
- He is often called Mike Moron.
- Mike enjoys shaping his hair into spikes when he is doing homework.
- Mike wanted to join the soccer team, but did not want to see a doctor for a health check-up. He claims the doctor wants to molest him.
- Contrary to what it might seem, Mike’s dad cares deeply for him and always wanted him to succeed in life.
- The reason Mike’s dad had to switch Edmond out of Class A, for Mike to get into Class C was not because the class was full, but because on official records, it said that “X” amount of students landed in Class A. This document was non-changeable, and so Mike’s dad could not just put Mike in without stirring up controversy.
Hair = Dark Brown
Eyes = Green
Skin = somewhat pale (later on moderately tan)
Naomi Allium: Naomi is from a wealthy family who owns a flower farm. The farm is appropriately named: “Allium Farms” and is the most popular company to buy bouquets and other flower arrangements from. Naomi chooses not to affiliate herself with the lifestyle of the rich, and prefers to live life as a ‘normal’ civilian. She is naturally intelligent and also intellectual. She has an innate ability to process information very quickly and has an excellent short-term and long-term memory.
Naomi is actually adopted! Naomi’s actual hometown is the Industrial Steel City of Ambig, where creative thinking is persecuted. When Naomi was very young, her actual parents saw her amazing intellect as a threat. They sent Naomi to a special boarding school in the faraway city of Marcobus. The school was filled with extremely intelligent children who had similar abilities. Scared and lost, Naomi ran away after one week of classes. Miraculously, Naomi safely found her way back home. She soon got disowned by her parents and got sent to an orphanage in Calloway City. It was there that the infertile Mr. and Mrs. Allium adopted Naomi. Naomi tries to forget all the memories of her actual parents.
- Naomi likes the colors purple, blue and brown, but would prefer to wear colors that compliment Edmond’s wardrobe to her own.
- Naomi knows Dr. Dan Howse from her church’s Youth Group. (Dr. Howse is one of the advisors of the group.)
- Naomi finds Mr. Pallpoint’s bad puns to be very funny.
- Naomi competes in triathlons with her father and loves biking, swimming and running.
- She joined Calloway High’s Cross Country Team.
- Once Naomi is fixated on a goal, it is very difficult to stop her from achieving it.
- Naomi’s affection for Edmond is unrequited.
- After hearing that Alexandra and Edmond held mutual feelings for each other, Naomi reluctantly stopped making advances on Edmond.
- Naomi wants to hold seminars teaching personal finance and fitness, but is afraid that no one will attend.
Hair = Slightly Dark Brown
Eyes = Dark Blue
Skin = Slightly tan
(I envision the voice actor for Naomi sounding similar to Maka from Soul Eater)
Quote: “They put me into a school for special children. They feared me for no good reason. As far as I could tell, I was normal. I recently realized that ‘normal’ is just a title reserved for those who match the status quo. Now I’m changing the world, and ‘normal’ is a title I’d rather not have.”
Alexandra Audacity: Ali, as her friends call her has a very bold personality. She has big goals and future plans, and has a full intention of completing everything on her “to-do” lists. She has no tolerance for people who only care about partying, and despite her boldness, she does not like to create conflict or stir up emotions in others or herself. Ali looks very respectable, and dresses conservatively. Throughout the series, it becomes clear she has uncertain feelings for Edmond. In middle school, she initially has a crush on Edmond, however this fades as she realizes Edmond is a shy person who is unwilling to talk. Once she is introduced to the new and improved Edmond in High School, she starts developing a crush on him again, but sees Naomi Allium already has feelings for him. Ali quickly gets out of the middle by telling Edmond she wasn’t interested in him. Ali can feel others’ emotions around her. She never mentions this power to anyone. Overall, Ali is a calm individual and never overreacts to any given situation. Ali appreciates the little things in life and often ponders the processes in which a certain item or service was provided to her. When she was very young, her parents made her attend lessons in Kung fu and self-defense. She never thought she would need to use self defense.
Ali is actually originally from Freedom City. Ali has a fraternal twin named Ashley Rivers. When the two were in elementary school, their parents divorced. Ali’s mother took Ali and moved to The Land of Oaks. Ashley’s father made Ashley stay in Freedom City. Later, Ali’s mother eventually re-married to Mr. Audacity. Although Ali and Andrew are both from Freedom City, the two do not recognize/remember each other.
- Ali is one of the only people who can lie to Edmond without him sensing it. This is probably due to the fact that Edmond has a crush on Ali.
- Ali shares some libertarian political beliefs with Andrew Trungston, but refers to herself as an independent.
- Back in Middle School, Ali constantly got hit on by Clayton Sharp, but when she saw how Clayton was harassing Edmond, she found Clayton to be unattractive.
- Ali learned the Dim Mak martial arts technique from a master living deep within the Nation of Ants.
- Ali likes to hike on the weekends. The nearest mountain range is 20 miles north from Calloway City, so she bikes there and back.
- Ali has an obsession with purple foods. Blueberries, blue potatoes, eggplant, blackberries, purple cabbage, grapes, purple carrots, blue corn, etc..
- It seems like Ali’s parents disapprove of any relationship she gets into, as they even became suspicious of Edmond when he blatantly stated he was Ali’s boyfriend. Keeping in mind, Edmond was one of the people who found and rescued their daughter from certain danger.
Hair = Dark Brown
Eyes = Dark Brown
Skin = Tan
(I envision the voice actor for Alexandra sounding similar to Phryne from Fractale)
Quote: “There’s quite allot that I learned my three years here. One thing that I’ll take with me is that, I don’t have to wait for anyone’s permission to further my life.” -Season 3
Connor O’Luis: Connor applied to Calloway City High School to join their Track team, as it was ranked #1 in the area. He is also very smart, however at first glance, people may think he only cares about Track. Connor likes calling people “jabronies” for any reason he can think of, and doesn’t like people that show weakness. He is levelheaded, and can accomplish many feats when he sets his mind to something.
- Connor butts heads with the members of the Track team from Victory Prep.
- Connor has admiration for Edmond, but usually just sees his weaknesses and calls him a simpleton or a jabroni.
- Connor also calls people he knows: moron, ostrich, simpleminded baboon, sally, and numbskull.
- Connor has a ‘unique’ sense of humor that even makes Edmond laugh.
Hair = dark brown
Eyes = Dark Yellow
Skin = White
Logan Strongarm: Logan grew up with 2 older brothers who were seemingly worst role models for Logan to follow. By the age of 5, Logan knew every curse word in the books and knew how to talk back to adults with “style”. In elementary school, he was loud and obnoxious in class, but he was incredibly intelligent (not intellectual). His bad behavior in school led his teachers to persuade his parents to put him on ADD medication. They refused and made a deal with the school that they would not give Logan any medication so long as he remained an A student. Logan’s secrets to his good grades were websites that summarized books, and his brothers’ assistance when doing homework. Logan also had an information database installed on his glasses that would discreetly allow him to look up information and calculate problems.
Logan applied to Calloway High and scored high enough to get into Class A, but no one in his grade believes he belongs there. In class Logan yells out profanities at the teacher and generally tries to make himself out to be the class clown. He also sticks his tongue out at people and makes farting noises with his tongue. For the most part, Logan cares about being well liked and gives off a strong sense of confidence. This self-confidence attracts people to him, which in turn give his ego a boost. Logan has an odd way of talking to girls; he first verbally harasses them and then flirts with them until he scares them away. They strangely come back and become his friends. This phenomenon made it onto the list of Calloway High’s 47 wonders.
- Edmond detests his presence in Calloway High and stays away from Logan whenever he can.
- Connor O’Luis is friends with Logan.
- Mr. Coyle is one of the only teachers to not react to Logan’s childish behavior over the course of the series. (The one exception being on the first day of classes.)
- Logan loves generating static electricity and then shocking his teachers.
- When not with Team X-Treme, Logan can be found hanging out with several people from the fencing team.
Hair = Brown
Eyes = A mystery
Skin = Somewhat tan
(I envision the voice actor for Logan sounding similar to Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4: The Animation.)
Anton Nickathy: A superstar at playing golf, Anton worked on his athletic ability more than his academics, and only barely made it into Class C at Calloway High. Anton has a permanent smirk on his face from lifting too many weights (he makes that face when lifting) and walks with such ferocity that others around him feel intimidated. He’s not one for saying more than he has to, and his dialogue is concise and easy to understand. He does manage to sleep in on most days, and uses the excuse that he was practicing for a golfing competition. Anton has a somewhat egotistical personality, and loves to hear his voice. On team X-Treme, he is usually the “muscles” of the group and diligently follows most orders that are given to him.
- He is the only student in Calloway High to have orange hair. Despite rumors, it’s real and not dyed.
- Anton is good friends with Sergio Ibanov. Anton has mentioned Sergio multiple times when discussing sports and the like, but the two are never seen hanging out in school.
- Anton won the Calloway City High School staring contest for 2 years straight.
- Anton has a knack for fixing things that are broken.
Hair = Orange
Eyes = Black
Skin = pink/white
John McGunvolt: John Egglesten was a single child who was always pampered and given everything he could possibly have wanted. When he was introduced into the public school system during middle school, he was in for a shock. No one wanted to hang out with John or become friends with him due to his arrogance, but he turned his friends situation around by adopting a girly voice. Everyone suddenly wanted to be his friend, and many thought of him as “cute” however this would only drive his ego up further. When applying to Calloway High, he changed his last name to McGunvolt and changed his voice yet again to a deep manly one. During the formation of Team X-Treme, John wanted to be the leader of the team, but Bentley insisted that it had to be someone from Class A (Logan Strongarm), to subconsciously deliver the message to the entire school that Class A was superior to Class B, and Class C. John only volunteers for school events “to get his name out there” and to make it seem like he cares for his class. In school, John is an average student in Class B, but tells everyone he deserves to be in Class A.
- His voice still squeaks back to his old girly voice occasionally.
- John hates Andrew Trungston for his natural running ability, as John tried out for the Track team freshman year, but did not make the team.
- When not with Team X-Treme, John can be found hanging out with his own group of friends.
- After the disbandment of Team X-Treme, John re-united with Anton and Logan. This time John assumed the position as leader of the group.
Hair = Dark brown
Eyes = Light blue
Skin = White/Pale
Nicholas Kaji: Nicholas was the subject of many jokes concerning his last name. He was very unsociable in middle school, and thus thought by most teachers to be dumb. Nicholas eventually believed that he was not intelligent as a result of his teachers thinking bad of him. Because of his low morale, he only landed in Class B. After his trial against Mrs. Kostlee, Nicholas gained a new sense of confidence and became a defense advocate to defend those who were insecure as he once was.
- Before becoming a defense advocate, he used to wear a black jacket, jeans and collared shirt. Now he wears a sweater vest, button down shirt, bowtie, and formal pants.
- In his new state of confidence, Nicholas was able to transfer to Class A the following year, by scoring high on the re-placement test.
- Nicholas loves to go to The Comic Spot to read manga.
- He is the only member in Edmond’s study group, originally from Class B.
- Nicholas is the only student in Edmond’s grade to rise from Class B to A.
- Nicholas likes the school’s cookies so much that, he is often seen eating them in the hallways and in class.
- When asked why he eats so many of the cafeteria’s cookies, Nicholas responded: “These cookies are damn good!”
Hair = Black
Eyes = Dark green
Skin = yellowish
James Chin: Calloway City High School is known for it’s university programs, and Chin wanted to get into the Information Technology Program. Since the IT program was separated by each grade level (i.e. not by Class A, B, and C), Chin did not care about studying for the placement test. Still, he comfortably landed in Class B, and got accepted into the program. His goal in life is that he wants to go to a good name college and find a job. (Vague huh?) Even though most of the time in school it may look like Chin does not care about his work, he actually only has this very laid back attitude in school, but at home he works non-stop to learn and enjoy the material being taught. However, this dual-personality makes his classmates look his way in envy and sometimes resentment. Since they do not know how hard of a worker Chin is, they believe that he is a teacher’s pet and does not have to work. On the side, Chin is a music composer and enjoys creative writing.
- Chin is in a specialized English class that deals with making people better writers. He thinks that the class will help him with his creative flow.
- He is rivals with Clayton Sharp, who believes Chin should not be in Class B.
- There is a common saying in Class B that goes: “Don’t be a James Chin!” This has to do with one instance where Chin failed his driver’s test by not answering the last 10 questions, in addition to getting one wrong answer.
- When James Chin was little, he used to get intense headaches. His family doctor could not find the cause, but eventually James grew out of it.
- Chin is actually an amazing programmer, and despite common misperceptions about him, almost the entirety of Class B knows that Chin is a relentless programmer.
- He is easily pushed around by anyone intimidating, including Andrea Leftist.
Hair = Black
Eyes = Black
Skin = yelowish
Clayton Sharp: Born into the world of programming, it was almost as if Clayton was forced to like coding. Almost. Clayton immersed himself in 7 different programming languages, and experimented with different art software. In his middle school, he was known as the tech genius and was also voted the most artistic student in his grade. Being the star student that he was, he was favored by many teachers and was constantly told by all that he was going to succeed in life. This made Clayton’s ego swell, and when he applied to Calloway High, he did not bother studying for the placement test. Because of this, he only landed in Class B. In this new school with many other bright intellectuals, Clayton lost his individuality somewhat. It was then that he met James Chin, and formed his rivalry with him. Angry that Chin’s projects were better than his, Clayton blamed his situation on Chin being a teacher’s pet who did not have to work. Clayton for the most part is self centered, and egotistical. He is very intelligent, yet he only cares about being better than everyone else in everything.
- He used to pick on Edmond back in middle school for his lack of confidence.
- When Clayton heard that Edmond became as defense advocate and successfully defended a few students in a row, Clayton could not accept this.
- Clayton loves badminton, and thinks all other sports are useless.
- Clayton has dreams of becoming a famous game designer.
- He uses many Italian Idiomatic expressions.
- Clayton mastered the art of outer body travel. This is how he crafted the impossible crimes that befell Calloway High School and nearly got James Chin, Mike Moro, and Grant Fletcher suspended.
- Secretly, he also has a crush on Ali Audacity. This is partly the reason that Clayton picked on Edmond in Middle School, since Clayton saw Edmond as competition.
- Ever since Middle School, when Clayton started hanging out with a different group of people, he believed that showing how inferior everyone else around him was, would make him more likeable. Clayton’s closest and easiest target was Edmond.
- After getting expelled from Calloway High, Clayton’s mental stability deteriorated significantly. However, this did not hamper his astral projection abilities.
Hair = Light brown, Silver
Eyes = Grey
Skin = Pale
(I envision the voice actor for Clayton sounding similar to Dias from Fractale.)
Quote: “There will be a time where you need to make decisions. I can’t say I’ve made the best, and I’m not looking for any awards. Don’t except any apologies, because I’m not giving any.”
Chuck Yohan: Regarded as both a Football star in the fall AND Track star in the winter, Chuck Yohan is a hardy person all-around. Chuck really wanted to attend Calloway City High School for its Football team, and so he studied diligently for the placement test. He managed to get into Class C, and he’s completely satisfied with that. Chuck mainly considers sports a priority before academics, and his lifestyle shows this. Almost every hour of the day before school and after is spent training for a sport. Chuck is generally a nice person once people get to know him. However, he usually is nicer to the members of the Track team, than to the members of the football team. Chuck hates teachers’ pets, but this anger is only to hide his feelings of guilt for not doing well in class. Chuck is very loyal to his sport coaches, but does not show the same level of respect to his teachers, who he believes are unfair. (Sometimes rightfully so!)
- Chuck likes playing videogames about Football, but not Track.
- He likes wearing masks because it’s fun.
- Chuck will often side with Connor O’Luis on many issues, despite not knowing sufficient information about the topic.
- Chuck is deathly afraid of electric fences due to a childhood incident.
Hair = Bright Yellow
Eyes = Orange
Skin = White
Nathaniel Roland: Nathaniel loved the idea of a school with an unconventional grading system, and so he applied to Calloway High. Passing the test, and landing in Class B, Nathaniel felt confident about the direction of his future. He enrolled in the science and medicine university program, and made many good friends during his first year at Calloway High. Nathaniel even wanted to learn material outside of his program such as a different language. Travesty struck when Nathaniel got Mrs. Virtue as his Year 2 language teacher. The class environment discouraged communication between students, and an oppressive (and unorthodox) grading system was imposed on the class.
Only a certain amount of students could receive good grades, and the rest would receive mediocre or failing grades. The students in that class were discouraged from complaining (lest their grades go down even more) and this put a strain on Nathaniel’s friendships with his fellow students in that class. His last resort was to call Mrs. Virtue to a student trial and find the best defense advocate in the school to ensure he didn’t lose. After the trial was over, Virtue got replaced with a new, nicer teacher, and the language class went back to the original grading system implemented by Calloway City High School.
All around Nathaniel is the image of the ideal guy: he is in a sport (fencing) he is in a band (plays electric guitar) and enjoys taking long hikes and bike rides on the weekends. Although Nathaniel has many admirers, the one girl he truly likes doesn’t seem interested in him.
- Nathaniel is usually the last person to complain about something, and gladly accepts what he is given.
- Nathaniel gets misinterpreted many times, due to his poor choice of wording.
- Nathaniel knows of many different plants that can cure a multitude of diseases, however this information is irrelevant nowadays.
- Nathaniel is oblivious and can’t tell when someone likes him.
Hair = Brown
Eyes = Light blue
Skin = Tan
Kelly Insomnia: Kelly is usually the center of attention in her group of peers. She is not in any sports, but is the business manager for the school newspaper. Kelly may seem like an airhead at first, but she is on a much higher level intellectually than most people around her. Kelly has many business ideas that come to her at the most inconvenient times. She often works through nights to implement a strategy or to set up some sort of structure for her business. Due to her self-imposed busy schedule, Kelly’s internal clock is misaligned with the day, and Kelly finds that she is sleepy during the morning, but wide-awake at night. Kelly is too trusting of her rivals and this usually leads to public embarrassment or worse. (See Insomnia vs Calloway High hearing)
- Kelly likes economics, finance, and statistics class, yet hates math class.
- Kelly started her own business at the age of 12, and makes enough money to buy 10 pounds of silver a month, and then some.
- Kelly is aiming to join the Fortune 500.
- After her freshman year in High School. Kelly was able to study under the wing of Finance Guru: Amit Sethi. Through Amit’s guidance, Kelly was able to pinpoint and destroy her mental barriers and increase profits to her business by 10x.
- Kelly is secretly afraid of Naomi Allium.
Hair = Light brown
Eyes = Light blue
Skin = tan
Grant Fletcher: It helps having a teacher as a dad. Grant’s father is not only a stellar English teacher, but also the advisor of the school newspaper! Although Grant does not get any special privileges in school, he has benefited from all of his dad’s writing lessons. Grant is a staff writer for the school paper, and arguably one of the best writers for the paper. Grant is a friendly person and very comical. Like Edmond, Grant also strongly believes in students’ and teachers’ rights as individuals. Grant understands the educational system, and while he disagrees with most of the regulation imposed on teachers, Grant sees hope with Calloway High, as it is the only High School in the area which does not grade based on conventional methods. Lessons are not based off of standardized tests, and for the most part, teachers can freely teach what they see is best fit for students’ future needs.
- Grant would rather vote for “the lesser of two evils” than a 3rd party candidate.
- Grant does not live a sheltered life, and already wants to attend college. In fact, he has snuck into several colleges to listen in on lectures.
- Grant decided to attend Calloway High to enjoy what he was being taught, not because his dad was teaching there.
- Grant enjoys biking on the weekend, and will bike miles even in pouring rain.
Hair = Black
Eyes = Light blue
Skin = pale
Mandy McWanda: Senior year, Mandy was voted in as the Board of Ed Representative for her sound mind and great personality. Outside school, she likes to joke around and has a seemingly care free personality. Around her friends that is… At home she stresses out about her future and constantly finds ways to make herself more favorable to the colleges she is looking at. She is pretty cold towards her parents, and never really spent time with them after middle school. When she has no social obligations (which is quite often) Mandy studies for her subjects and works to become the best student she can be.
Valerie Pixen: Valerie’s father is the Editor in Chief for The Calloway Times newspaper. Valerie was told by her parents that good grades meant everything. For years, Valerie pursued high grades, but it was soul-crushing work. Valerie came under much stress, and as a result, saw the hypocrisy of societal expectations. Valerie then decided to take her future back and started to lead her own life by making her own uninfluenced choices. Instead of mindlessly taking the vague advice she got from instructors older than her, she rigorously tested every action she did to see which got the best results. Soon enough, the extra effort Valerie would put into daily tasks netted her disproportionate successes.
By her senior year, Valerie was promoted to Editor in Chief of her school’s newspaper, and had made excellent friends with successful people like Kelly Insomnia, Edmond Willson, Evan Wazuma, and Mandy McWanda.
- Valerie eventually becomes the Valedictorian of her grade, and wins the love and affection of her parents.
- Valerie sees a growing level of apathy from her class.
Hair = Blonde
Eyes = Brown
Skin = Slightly tan
Bryan O’Leaf: Bryan is what many consider to be a “class clown” or a “lovable fool.” Ever since the resolution came for the student court case: Insomnia vs Calloway High, Bryan has been recovering from the stress his brother put upon him. Bryan is friendly with Edmond because he sees Edmond as the one responsible for getting his brother expelled, but Edmond disagreed, saying that the truth led the outcome.
- Bryan is easily convincible.
- He’s also excitable.
Payton O’Leaf: Payton was an only child until Bryan was born 2 years later. Payton saw Bryan as competition, and so he constantly picked on Bryan. Slowly but surely, his behavior towards his younger sibling turned to bullying and Payton treated Bryan as a useless
Sergio Ibanov: His background is unknown, but many say he was forged from suspended crystals inside the cooling magma of an active volcano. Sergio is intimidating to even be in the same room as. Sergio is without a doubt the fiercest member of the football team, even making Chuck Yohan look like a mere weakling.
- Even Sergio is not without weaknesses. Bentley Corpulent discovered Sergio’s checkered past and threatened to show the administration of Calloway High. Sergio pleaded for Bentley not to, and Bentley made a deal. If Sergio joined Team Corpulent, than the record need not be shown to the administration.
- Sergio is lactose intolerant and allergic to gluten. Because of this, he shops at the same place that Edmond buys gluten-free groceries.
Andrew Scrapper: Having a rivalry with Ryan Robinson since Elementary School, Andrew has always strived to obtain the upper hand. His father is the Board of Education Director for Calloway City High School, and his mother is a councilwoman in Calloway City’s government. With the string pulling help of his parents, Andrew was put in advanced workshops in Elementary school, and put in advanced classes through Middle school. In a way, Andrew fed off of Ryan’s jealousy, and shared opposing political viewpoints with Ryan. In Middle school, Andrew was the “star” of the soccer team, and was nominated by the staff and faculty to attend a “Future Leaders of the Planet” convention. Andrew had known Bentley Corpulent throughout middle school and thought of Bentley as a trusted friend. When taking the test to gain admittance into Calloway High, it is unclear if Andrew passed the test, as his father made all of Andrew’s testing records confidential. Andrew was placed in Class A nonetheless.
His first year in Calloway High, Andrew played soccer and won the election for freshman class president. It was during this first year that Bentley came up with a plan to perpetually get re-elected. When Bentley shared it with Andrew, he refused and told Bentley that it was unfair and unjust. Bentley was angered by Andrew’s refusal, and managed to discover Andrew’s placement test scores. The scores showed that Andrew got a passing grade to get into Class B, and not Class A. From that point until the disbandment of “Team Corpulent”, Andrew was Bentley’s yes-man and right-hand-man. Anything Bentley wanted, Andrew needed to comply and carry out.
Andrea Leftist: Andrea’s childhood was plagued with separation and misplaced blame. Andrea’s father spent late hours at work, coming home after she had already fallen asleep, and Andrea’s mom left to study abroad for five years. Whenever she asked why her parents didn’t spend much time with her, Andrea was told she was being too selfish and that it was for her best interest. Andrea wasn’t even in middle school when her parents divorced, leaving her with a mother who cared only for her new husband, and a father who due to legal circumstances, could not see Andrea. Both of them blamed Andrea’s existence for their separation, but both of them said that their separation was for the best. Years later, Andrea found out her father was on the verge of death due to heart problems, yet Andrea’s mother would not allow Andrea to visit her father.
Having a dismal childhood, Andrea learned to grow tough mentally, and to always trust her intuition before trusting anyone else. This led Andrea to develop stiff, unchanging social and political views that matched the power of Ryan’s un-open mind.
Andrea applied to Calloway High because it was the closest High School to her, and got into Class B. In school, Andrea is a diligent student and knows how to balance extra-curricular activities with schoolwork and academics. When people first are introduced to her, she may seem to have a cold and calculating personality, but she has difficulty expressing her emotions, due to her parents never showing true compassion and kindness.
- Andrea has one-way viewing glasses, which give the appearance to always have a bright sheen.
- Andrea is liberal in her social, economic, and political views. In other words: the opposite of Ryan Robinson.
- After three weeks of being asked by James Chin, she finally decided to go on a date with him.
- Andrea and Ryan write opposing political viewpoint columns for the school newspaper.
- Andrea sometimes accuses other girls of trying to steal James Chin from her.
Hair = Dark brown
Eyes = Dark Brown
Skin = White
Bentley Corpulent: Bentley is the son of Monay Corpulent, a wealthy business owner who has a monopoly on the genetically engineered seeds business. Because of this, Bentley has gotten everything he’s ever wanted, and sees no wrong in bribing others for what he can’t get. If people cannot be persuaded by money, then blackmail is just as acceptable. Bentley realizes that the powerful and mighty have secrets of their own and finding their flaws is the only way for them to concede and to do Bentley’s bidding.
Bentley has successfully blackmailed Andrew Scrapper, Valerie Pixen, and Edmond Willson for his own “Brain Trust”. Bentley chose those three, as each had a parental figure in a high place. Mr. Willson was President of Willson Tech. Mr. Pixen was Editor in Chief for the Calloway Times newspaper. Mr. Scrapper was Board of Education Chairman for the school district. Edmond, Valerie, and Andrew serve under Bentley under the constant threat of blackmail. Bentley is actually friends with Logan Strongarm and Sergio Ibanov. Bentley influenced Ryan Robinson to develop symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome so that Ryan would be fiercely loyal to Bentley. Bentley saw Ryan’s debating skills as valuable, so Bentley brought Ryan aboard his “Brain Trust”. Bentley is friends with Sergio Ibanov, because Bentley needs a powerful bodyguard to protect himself. Bentley is friends with Logan Strongarm because popular people attract other popular people.
Bentley has the unnatural ability to manipulate shadows. (Umbrakinesis) Bentley secretly uses his power to intimidate people and to manipulate negative emotions in others. Andrew Scrapper, Ryan Robinson and Valerie Pixen have been victims of Bentley’s dark powers. Bentley’s powers have no effect on Edmond, and so Bentley needed powerful blackmail material to obtain Edmond’s alliance.
- After Bentley got expelled from Calloway High, he spent weeks sulking in his room.
- Bentley’s birth name was “Santo” but Bentley wanted a more fitting name to show his eloquence.
Hair = Trashy brown
Eyes = Brown, then Dark Red
Skin = Pale
Jack Luster: He is a lazy bum who need not tell his story or background.
- Jack is the only student in the entire known cartoon series to be shown in Class D.
- He probably just barely got into Class C, or perhaps he got into Class B, or A, and just burned out after a week.
- It’s doubtful if he has ever washed his dreadlocks.
- His parents probably can’t read or write.
- The description writer is being to harsh on him.
Quote: “Face it, everything people do is for pleasure. We are selfish beings. Everything we do is for the self. Who is to say which one of us is correct? What makes our goals different?”
Gafna Lynx: It seemed like Gafna was always under Kelly Insomnia’s shadow. Kelly was unexplainably more ‘popular’ and owned her own business to boot. Gafna succumbed to jealousy and decided that if she wasn’t the most popular girl in all of Class B, then Kelly would have to leave the school. And so, with the help of her boyfriend Payton O’Leaf, the two devised a plan to get Kelly expelled.